Assisted Voluntary Return and Reintegration pilot program
Full list of AVRR pilot program eligibility criteria
You must meet the following list of criteria to be eligible to participate in the Assisted Voluntary Return and Reintegration (AVRR) pilot program.
You must meet ALL of the following criteria to be considered eligible:
- 1. Applicants must have received a negative determination on their claim for refugee protection from the Immigration and Refugee Board (IRB).
- 2. Applicants must meet the following criteria listed below:
- Submitted a claim for refugee status at any air, marine or land port, or any CBSA or Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) inland office located within the Greater Toronto Area (GTA) as defined in Appendix A; and
- Have their refugee claim heard by the IRB within the GTA as defined within Appendix A; and
- Have their removal effected from the GTA as defined within Appendix A
- Submitted a claim for refugee status outside of the defined GTA area; and
- Have been granted a 'change of venue' by the IRB to the GTA as defined in Appendix A, prior to their final refugee hearing; and
- Have their removal effected from the GTA as defined within Appendix A.
You are not eligible if any of the following criteria apply: