CARM is making the assessment and payment processes for importing goods into Canada much easier. This multi-year project is focused on transforming how the CBSA assesses, collects, manages and reports on import revenue and trade information, allowing Commercial Trade Chain Partners to efficiently and effectively meet their trade compliance responsibilities.
When fully implemented CARM will:
- Provide a modern interface to trade into Canada
- Enable self-service access by importers to their own information
- Increase speed and consistency of information processing
- Improve the ease-of-use of the importing process
- Eliminate repetitive information requirements
- Target intervention and supports for Trade Chain Partners
This will allow the CBSA to process assessments, payments and adjustments faster and contribute important data to support CBSA's data sharing, compliance verification and fraud detection activities.
Anyone involved in importing commercial goods into Canada may be impacted by these changes.
Learn more ...
The Accounts Receivable Ledger (ARL) is the first phase of the CARM project. Consult the Commercial Payments and Accounts section of our website for more information.
For more information on CARM, contact email@example.com
- Date modified: