With the implementation of eManifest, importers importing goods into Canada will be required to transmit advance importer trade data electronically to the CBSA. The advance trade data must be received and validated by the CBSA prior to arrival, within the prescribed mode-specific time frames.
The implementation timeline of electronic systems (EDI and eManifest Portal) for importers to transmit advance trade data (ATD) to the CBSA will be communicated once confirmed. More detailed information about registration, testing and deployment timelines will be provided in a timely manner through a variety of communication and outreach channels.
Data Requirements for Importers
The data requirements for providing advance importer data will be provided in the Electronic Commerce Client Requirements Document (ECCRD). EDI clients can refer to Chapter 13: ACI/eManifest Importer. Portal clients can refer to Chapter 9: ACI/eManifest Importer Portal. A copy of these chapters will be available when finalized.
The following information is relevant to importers. It is important to note that this is not an exhaustive list and information may be added or changed as eManifest is implemented.
- Auto-cancellation of Unused Cargo Control Numbers
- Consolidated- versus single-shipment data transmission requirements
- Examination at First Point of Arrival
- Hand-carried Goods
- In-bond Movement of Goods (end-state electronic process) – highway only
- Instruments of International Trade – Highway and Rail Modes
- Release at First Point of Arrival
- Stamping: Highway Carrier Documents to be Presented and Stamped at the Border as Proof of Report and/or Release of Commercial Shipments
- Third-party Transmission of an Importer Advance Trade Data Exception Indicator
- Date modified: