1. This notice is to advise freight forwarders that effective the date of this notice, the Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) has revised the requirements clients must meet to apply for a bonded freight forwarder carrier code.
2. Previously freight forwarders were required to be physically located in Canada to be eligible to apply for a bonded freight forwarder carrier code. This requirement has been amended to allow freight forwarders who are physically located outside of Canada to apply for a bonded freight forwarder carrier code.
3. The amended Reporting of Imported Goods Regulations which were implemented on November 7, 2016, as per Customs Notice 16-28 - Updated- Mandatory Electronic House Bills, requires that freight forwarders transmit electronic house bills for consolidated (including back to back) shipments.
4. For additional information regarding how to apply for a bonded freight forwarder code, visit the Commercial Carrier and Freight Forwarder Identification and Eligibility page on the CBSA website.
5. For information regarding the pre-arrival and reporting requirements as well as processes for bonded and non-bonded freight forwarders please see Memorandum D3-3-1 – Freight Forwarder Pre-arrival and Reporting Requirements.
6. For information about eManifest requirements visit the eManifest section of the CBSA website. For inquiries on eManifest policy and operations, contact the eManifest Help Desk at: email@example.com
7. Clients who require technical assistance regarding house bills should contact the Technical Commercial Client Unit (TCCU). You may contact the TCCU by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 1-888-957-7224 and selecting Option 1.
- Date modified: