Major international events focus the eyes of the world on Canada, normally attracting significant media attention, and create temporary, irregular pressures on border services resources. These events include international sporting competitions such as the Olympics, political meetings such as G8 summits or global events such as the World Youth Day celebrated with the presence of the Pope.
The CBSA offers a variety of event coordination services including:
- Liaison with CBSA authorities, both nationally or regionally and functionally or operationally on any admissibility requirements.
- Provision of support and guidance in your communication with, and collaboration between, other Canadian government agencies.
- Assistance in the determination of eligibility for remission of duties and taxes.
- Integration into Canada’s International Events and Convention Services Program and customs broker services.
- Determination of entitlements to the national courtesy and expedited clearance program.
- Helping to ensure CBSA ports of entry (POE) personnel are able to achieve a level of operational readiness for your event’s entrance into Canada in order to handle the arrivals in a timely and effective manner.
- Offering continuous functional guidance based on extensive experience and precedence.
To receive assistance with organizing your international event, please write to:
Coordinator, International Events
Canada Border Services Agency
12th floor, 191 Laurier Avenue West
Ottawa ON K1A 0L8