General Border Information
- The CBSA carries out its responsibilities at approximately 1,200 points across Canada and at 39 international locations.
- The CBSA manages 119 land-border crossings and operates at 13 international airports.
- Officers carry out marine operations at major ports and at numerous marinas and reporting stations.
- Officers also perform operations at 27 rail sites.
- The CBSA estimates border wait times at our busiest land border ports of entry. Wait times include the time it takes to reach the primary inspection booth, the first point of contact with CBSA when crossing the Canada/U.S. land border.
- The standard wait times we have set for travellers are:
- Monday to Thursday: 10 minutes
- Friday, Saturday, Sunday, and holidays: 20 minutes
- The Border Information Service (BIS) is a telephone service that automatically answers incoming calls and provides general information on CBSA programs, services and initiatives through recorded scripts.
Border crossing locations
Other Web sites for border wait times
- Date modified: