COVID-19 update: Resumption of NEXUS/FAST interviews at U.S. enrolment centres
NEXUS and FAST interviews have resumed at enrolment centres in the U.S. Canadian NEXUS and FAST enrolment centres remain closed. All applicants, including Canadian citizens and Permanent Residents, wishing to schedule interviews can do so at their nearest U.S. enrolment centre through the Trusted Traveller portal. Please note that as there is a delay in processing applications, for an update on the status of your application, check your account on the Trusted Traveller program portal. You are encouraged to renew your membership before the expiry date to retain your membership privileges.
The Free and Secure Trade (FAST) program is a commercial clearance program designed to ensure safety and security while expediting legitimate trade across the Canada-United States (U.S.) border.
- Dedicated lanes (where available) for faster and more efficient border clearance;
- Reduces delivery times and landed costs of imports;
- Minimal documentation required to clear the border;
- Increases certainty at the border, resulting in fewer delays;
- If you are a citizen of Canada or the U.S., you can use your FAST membership card as proof of identity and a document that denotes citizenship when entering Canada in all highway lanes, including regular, non-dedicated lanes, as well as by water.
Dedicated FAST lanes are located at:
- Sarnia, ON / Port Huron, MI
- Pacific Highway, BC / Blaine, WA
- Fort Erie, ON
- Emerson, MB
- Windsor, ON / Detroit, MI
Validity and cost
The FAST membership card for drivers is valid for five years. Members must continue to meet all the terms and conditions of the program and comply with all applicable laws and regulations
The non-refundable FAST processing fee for drivers is US$50. There is no fee for FAST carriers or importers.
- Date modified: